If you’re just starting out in yoga and are wondering how yoga can actually help you out physically, mentally, and spiritually, you have come to the right place. If you have been practicing yoga before and have not been able to continue the same, you still have come to the right place.
To Start Off, Let’s Talk About Some Benefits Of Practicing Yoga:
- Manage Anxiety And Stress: Once you get in the flow of practicing yoga, it will help you in keeping your mind in the present moment and maintain the same during the same.
- Movements And flexibility: Yoga will help you in being flexible and notice your key body areas where you might feel built-up tension and stiffness. Practicing yoga will help you to treat the same areas through different yoga practices.
- Chakra Aligning: Yoga is a great way to align your chakras through movements. Surya Namaskar is a great way of getting in the flow of yoga and feeling fulfilled.
- Aids Weight Loss: Practicing yoga is a great art if you want to lose weight and also if you want to go slow with your movements, unlike cardio or weight training.
- Early Morning Yoga: Practicing yoga first thing in the morning will benefit your body the most, along with helping you to feel lighter and more active throughout the day. Make sure your alarm is set 30mins earlier than your normal wake-up time, your yoga mat is laid out, you are wearing comfy clothes and you have some good soothing music playing in the background.
- Online Classes For Yoga: If you don’t know where to start, being a part of an online yoga community might do wonders. The teachers will help you with the technical aspect of yoga along with the right movements so that you don’t injure and stress yourself out.
- Yoga Space: Having a designated space in your house for yoga will help you get in the vibe of practicing. You will look forward to the practice even more if you keep all your yoga essentials in one room or corner of a room, you will be motivated to look forward to the time of your yoga practice.
- Try Doing Yoga At The Same Time Everyday: Make sure you’re doing yoga every day at the same time. This will benefit in creating a habit in your mind and your body will also attain the same.
- Journal Your Excuses And Changes You See: When you are more aware of your excuses, you can overcome them easily. Write down your most common excuses that you use to procrastinate and whenever you’re faced with them, find a way to work around them instead of giving into the procrastination. To keep yourself motivated, write down the changes that you see before and after your yoga practice, which could be as easy as how energetic you feel, how mindful you feel and more. This will indeed motivate you to look forward to more yoga practices and help you overcome your excuses as well.